For the pasta:
- 8.81 oz San Antonio Tres Estrellas® Wheat Flour
- 2 pinch Salt
- 2 pinch Sugar
- 1 egg
- San Antonio Tres Estrellas® Wheat Flour for rolling
- 1 egg for glaze
For the filling:
- 1 cup mandarin orange wedges, membrane removed
- 1 cup walnts
- 1 cup of pastry cream, (see basic section)
For the pastry cream:
- 2 sachets of Tres Estrellas® Strawberry Flavored Atole.
- 3 Eggs
- 1 liter Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
How To Make It
- Mix the San Antonio Tres Estrellas® Wheat Flour, salt, sugar and butter until you have a smooth crumb-like texture. Add the water and the egg, folding in until well mixed. Press the dough together with your hands, taking care not to knead to avoid it hardening.
- Completely cover the dough with a clean cloth and refrigerate for 30 minutes; set aside.
- For the pastry cream, mix Tres Estrellas® Strawberry Flavored Atole with milk, egg and sugar. Pour into a saucepan and cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens. Remove from heat, leave to cool and set aside.
- Roll out half of the dough, sprinkling with San Antonio Tres Estrellas® Wheat Flour. Transfer using rolling pin to line the pans, cut off the excess; fill the pan with fruit and pastry cream.
- Roll out the other half of the dough and cover the surface of the filled pans with pastry. Brush with egg wash and decorate the surface with pastry cut-outs. Leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Brush with egg wash again, leave to dry and bake at 350° F for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Remember when rolling the pastry to use San Antonio Tres Estrellas® Wheat Flour in small amounts so that the dough does not dry out.