For the shrimps:
- 16.93 oz Precooked and peeled shrimp
- 3 pieces Egg
- 1 tbsps Garlic powder
- 1 cup Tres Estrellas Rice Flour
- 2 cups Mashed potato flakes
- Oil, for cooking
For the dressing:
- 1 cup Low-fat mayonnaise
- ½ cup Low-fat sour cream
- 5 tbsps Red onion, chopped
- 4 tbsps Cilantro, chopped
- 1 piece Lime juice
- 2 pieces Serrano pepper, chopped
- 1 cup Toasted peanuts, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How To Make It
- Lightly beat eggs and garlic powder using a fork and pour into a container. Dip the shrimp in the egg wash, drain the excess and then coat them with Tres Estrellas Rice Flour. Dip the shrimp again in the egg wash, one by one, and finally coat them with the mashed potato flakes.
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Once hot, fry the breaded shrimp for approximately 2 to 3 minutes until light golden brown. Remove them from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- For the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, lime juice, cilantro, serrano pepper and peanuts in a bowl. Season to taste.
- Serve the breaded shrimp with the Mexican dressing.
- Shrimp should ideally be medium cooked and peeled shrimp.
- It is important to coat each shrimp again with egg
wash one at a time so that they are fully coated
and for the mashed potato flakes to stick properly.
- The mashed potato should be flakes, not granules.