- 1cup Tres Estrellas Rice Flour
- 7.05 oz Broccoli florets
- 6 pieces Whole medium-sized mushrooms
- 1 piece Medium-sized zucchini, thickly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 piece Coarsely diced red bell pepper
- 4 cups cold water
For the batter:
- 1 1/2 cup Tres Estrellas Rice Flour
- 1 tbsps Salt
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 3 pieces Egg whites
- 1 cup Mineral water
- Oil, for cooking
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup Low-salt soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Orange juice
- 4 tbsps Lime juice
- 1 cups Water
- 1 tbsps Honey
- 1 tsp Toasted sesame seeds
- 1 piece Jalapeño peppers, rolled between your hands to loosen the seeds and release the heat, chopped.
How To Make It
- In a bowl of cold water, submerge the chopped vegetables for 5 minutes. Drain the vegetables and coat with 1 cup of Tres Estrellas Rice Flour. Set aside.
- For the batter, in a bowl mix 1 ½ cups of Tres Estrellas Rice Flour, salt and pepper along with the egg whites. Add the mineral water gradually, beating to remove the lumps.
- Dip the vegetables one by one in the batter and fry them in plenty of hot oil for about 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- For the sauce, mix the soy sauce, lime and orange juice, water, honey, sesame seeds and jalapeños.
- Serve the vegetable tempura with the sesame sauce alongside.
- The batter mixture tends to split due to the weight of the rice flour. It needs to be mixed constantly to ensure that the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Since the batter is made with egg whites, the tempura won’t take on much color. They will remain light when fried.