For the batter:
- 16.93 oz Boneless chicken breast cut into medium-sized cubes
- 1 cup Tres Estrellas Rice Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 pieces Eggs
- 1 ½ cup Light beer
- Oil, for cooking
For the sauteed:
- 1 tbsps Garlic, chopped
- 4 pieces Scallion, cut in halves
- 1 piece Carrot, grated
- 1 piece Green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 piece Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup Soybean sprouts
- Olive oil
For the sauce:
- ½ cup Apricot jam
- ½ cup Water
- 3 tbsps Apple vinegar
- 3 tbsps Soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make It
- For the batter, mix the Tres Estrellas Rice Flour, salt, pepper and baking powder with the egg. Gradually add beer to dissolve lumps.
- Place the chicken cubes one by one into a sufficient amount of hot oil and fry them for 4 to 6 minutes. Remove them from the pan and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to a hot frying pan and sauté the garlic. Next add the remaining vegetables in the following order: scallions, carrots and peppers, cooking each for 2 minutes before adding the next ingredient.
- For the sauce, mix the jam, water, vinegar and soy sauce and bring to a boil. Add the sauce to the sautéed vegetables and cook for 2 minutes. Finally, add the fried chicken cubes and the soy sprouts. Mix the ingredients well.
- Sprinkle peanuts over the sweet and sour chicken and serve.
- Add the soybean sprouts last.
- Take care not to overcook them so that they remain firm.
- Adding baking powder to oil causes it to bubble and overflow.
- To avoid this, fry the chicken cubes in small batches.