How To Make It
- Place the fish in a container, add lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Lightly beat eggs using a fork and pour into a container. Dip the fish cubes in the egg wash, drain the excess and then coat them with Tres Estrellas Rice Flour. Dip the shrimp again, one by one, in the egg wash and finally coat with crushed corn chips.
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Once hot, fry the breaded cubes for approximately 3 to 4 minutes until light golden brown. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- For the sauce, mix mayonnaise, lime juice and habanero pepper. Season to taste
- Serve the popcorn fish with the roasted habanero sauce and limes.
It is important to coat each piece again one at a time so that they are fully coated, and for the corn chips to stick properly.