For the batter:
- 1 cup Tres Estrellas Rice Flour
- 1 tbsps Sugar
- 1 tbsps melted butter
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 pieces Eggs
- 1 cup Apple juice
- Oil, for cooking
For the finish:
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
For the sauce:
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsps Tres Estrellas Rice Flour
- 2 tbsps Sugar
- 1 tsp Soluble Coffee
How To Make It
- Mix Tres Estrellas Rice Flour, sugar, butter, baking powder, juice and egg, until you get a smooth, lump-free batter.
- Dip the plantain slices in the batter and fry in hot oil for about 2 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix sugar with cinnamon and roll the fried and battered plantains in the mixture. Remove excess.
- For the sauce, mix milk and Tres Estrellas Rice Flour with sugar and instant coffee. Bring to a boil until it thickens. Remove from heat and cool.
- Cover the fried plantain with the coffee cream and serve.
- Prepare the recipe using firm Dominican plantains.