- 3 cups San Antonio Tres Estrellas Wheat Flour
- 1 ½ cups Tres Estrellas Rice Flour
- 1 tbsps Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 pieces Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Cream
Fort he sauce:
- 1 cup Cajeta
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tsp cardamom
How To Make It
- In a bowl, mix the following dry ingredients: San Antonio Tres Estrellas Wheat Flour, Tres Estrellas Rice Flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Mix in the liquid ingredients: egg, vanilla and clotted cream. Knead all the ingredients thoroughly until you get a smooth dough. Refrigerate dough for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough to a 1 cm thickness using a roller. Use San Antonio Tres Estrellas Wheat Flour to prevent sticking. Cut circles in the dough using a cutter.
- Place the dough circles on a flat pan and cook over low heat until they rise. Flip the piece and finish browning on both sides.
- For the sauce, mix the cajeta (sweetened caramelized milk) with hot milk and add the cardamom.
- Serve the gorditas with the cajeta and cardamom sauce.
- Cook over low heat to avoid browning.
- A 7 cm diameter cutter is suggested.