For the marinade:
- 16.93 oz Chicken breast, cut into strips
- 4 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the coating:
- 3 pieces Egg
- 1 cup Tres Estrellas Rice Flour
- 2 ½ cups Grated Coconut
- Oil, for cooking
For the sauce:
- 1 ½ cup Mango, diced
- ¼ cup Lime juice
- 2 tbsps Marinated chipotle pepper
How To Make It
- Place chicken strips in a container, add tabasco sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Lightly beat the eggs using a fork and pour into a container. Dip the chicken strips in the egg wash, drain the excess, then cover the strips with Tres Estrellas Rice Flour. Dip the strips into the egg wash again one by one and finally cover them with grated coconut.
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Once hot, fry the breaded strips for approximately 6-8 minutes until light golden brown. Remove them from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- For the sauce, put the mango, lime and chipotle in a blender. Season to taste.
- Serve the chicken strips with the mango sauce. You can also garnish them with chopped cilantro and add drops of lime juice.
- It is important to add the second coating of egg wash one chicken strip at a time so that they are fully covered and for the grated coconut to stick properly.