For the filling:
- 12 pieces Medium-sized Jalapeño peppers, halved with the seeds removed.
- 6.70 oz Cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup Grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Chopped ham
- 12 pieces Bacon in strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 pieces Cocktail sticks
For the coating:
- 2 pieces Egg
- 1 cup Tres Estrellas Rice Flour
- 2 cups Pork rinds, crushed
- Oil, for cooking
How To Make It
- Mix the cream cheese with the cheddar cheese and chopped ham, season to taste. Stuff half the jalapeño halves with the mixture and place the other halves on top to form whole peppers. Wrap each pepper with a strip of bacon and pierce with a cocktail stick to hold them in place.
- For the coating, lightly beat the egg using a fork and pour into a bowl. Dip the jalapeños in the egg one by one, allowing any excess egg to drip off, then roll them immediately in Tres Estrellas Rice Flour. Dip the peppers in the egg again and then roll them in the crushed pork rinds.
- In a saucepan, heat oil over a medium heat and fry the jalapeños until golden brown, for about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the pan and leave on a paper towel to drain. Remove the cocktail sticks.
- Choose small to medium jalapeño peppers to serve this dish as nibbles.