- 250 ml Water
- 0.35 oz Sugar
- 4.40 oz stick of butter
- 5.29 oz Tres Estrellas® Churro Flour Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1 medium beaten egg for glazing
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup halved strawberries
- 1 can of tangerine slices (supremed)
- 1/4 cup rum
- 3 tbsps Sugar
- 1/2 cup Whipped cream
- 3.17oz packet cream cheese
- powdered sugar to taste
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 430°F
- In a saucepan over a low heat, add the water, sugar and butter, once fully combined, add all the Tres Estrellas® Churro Mix at once and start stirring with a wooden spoon until you have a smooth batter that comes away from the sides and bottom of the pan; remove from the heat.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and add the eggs one at a time, stirring constantly until full combined; this is to prevent them from cooking.
- Spoon this mixture into a piping bag with a nozzle attached and pipe the edges of the spiral baskets. Separately, form the handles by piping a strip of batter on waxed paper, glaze the baskets with the egg and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the filling, marinate the strawberries and tangerine slices in the rum and sprinkle them with the sugar, set aside. Whip the cream until it forms peaks and fold in the cheese using the spatula, add a little powdered sugar.
- Fill the baskets with cream, attach the handles and decorate with the fruit.