- 1 packet Tres Estrellas® Vanilla Flavored Atole.
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 1/2 cups Sugar
- 3 tbsps Corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tbsps Baking soda
- San Antonio Tres Estrellas® Wheat Flour for coating
How To Make It
- Mix the Tres Estrellas® Vanilla Flavored Atole sachet with milk, sugar, honey and walnuts. Heat the mixture, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and add the baking soda and mix. Reduce the heat, do not stop stirring until it thickens and you can see the bottom of the pot (about 15 minutes).
- Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Sprinkle flour on your hands and take small portions of the mixture, forming balls or any shapes of your choosing.
- Wrap them in cellophane squares and tie them with ribbon.
- If the mixture cools, break it up and heat it while stirring to prevent it from burning.