- 1/2 packet Tres Estrellas® Vanilla Flavored Atole.
- 0.88 oz Tres Estrellas® Rice Flour
- 1/2 liter cold milk
- 4.40 oz sugar
- 1/2 kg of puff pastry
- San Antonio Tres Estrellas® Wheat Flour for rolling
- 1 egg for glaze
- 1/2 cup walnuts, halved
How To Make It
- Dissolve Rice Flour and Tres Estrellas® Atole in 1/4 cup of cold milk.
- Heat remaining milk, add the sugar and dissolved flours, stirring constantly, until it is the consistency of pastry cream and the flour is cooked; set aside.
- Spread flour on the table and using the rolling pin, roll out the puff pastry until you have a 50 x 15 cm rectangle. Spread the pastry cream over the dough, leaving an edge uncovered to glaze with egg, scatter the walnuts over the top, roll up and seal the edge with egg. (Remember when rolling out the pastry to use small amounts of the San Antonio Tres Estrellas® Wheat Flour so that the pastry does not dry out).
- Trim the edges of the pastry to neaten it and then cut the roll into 5 cm pieces in the shape of a cylinder. Take a cylinder, pull one end of the cylinder over to the other side, making a fold, place it on the tray with the fold facing down and press it with your fingers to make it into a ball; glaze with egg and put a walnut on top. Repeat the procedure for the other cylinders. Bake at 350ºF for 25 minutes or until cooked and golden brown.
- Remove and serve with hot chocolate or coffee with milk.